Saturday, February 24, 2018

Introspection

I was discussing introspection with a friend. The definition from Google is "the examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes." 

I define it a little more narrowly. It is the examination of one's own mind in order to find what you are deficient in, what mistake you made in and that too in an area which matters to you. Introspection leads you to a better understanding of a negative aspect of yourself - an aspect that pains you.

It's my belief that not everyone is capable of such introspection that leads to a better understanding of something negative in oneself which is painful to digest. A strong Venus and perhaps a good self esteem prevent us from introspecting.

Introspection to determine unfairness in one's behavior needs a focus on fairness. Venus's focus on pain and need primarily prevents dwelling on fairness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...