Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On Feminism

A friend gave me this article on feminism. While I agree with the author, there are some things I feel differently (which may or may not have been expressed by the author).

My opinion below, which I expressed to my friend, is hence no reflection on the thoughts expressed in the article linked above. 

If a man and a woman both want to have a child, then both are responsible for the child and its upkeep. Now if neither wants a child, again there is no problem. 

Problems may arise if one of them wants a child and the other does not. What if the man wants a child and the woman does not? A man or anyone else cannot force a woman to have a child, she is the person who has to go through the pregnancy. It is her right to decide whether or not to have a child.

What now if the woman wants to have a child and the man doesn't? The woman can have a child but the man would not be responsible for the upkeep of the child. He just happens to be the biological father with no other responsibility.

In summary, no one can force a woman to have a child, nor a man to go through the obligations of being a father if they never wanted to have a baby in the first place (when the woman overrules his wish to not have a child).

Additional reading:
http://vbala99.blogspot.in/2011/12/impact-of-last-name-portability-when.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...