Thursday, December 16, 2021

Righteous Judging

I had a dilemma. I consider myself a very judgmental person while many friends would tell me they were comfortable with me cause i was not judgmental and that they could let their guards down. I was confused.


Then I read this today.

https://www.facebook.com/102287058636236/posts/252378670293740/


Maybe the judging that people talk about is an emotional variety. Or non-righteous variety ((Answer to What do you mean about "judging people"? by Heather Jensen https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-mean-about-judging-people/answer/Heather-Jensen-31?ch=15&oid=279768304&share=a1e70c5e&srid=JCl2&target_type=answer). The emotional variety is inconsistently applied and generally used to taunt. And hence perhaps is more hurtful than the righteous judgment. This example of emotional judging is interesting: Answer to What does it mean to judge someone? by Ikshita Khanna


While I consider myself very judgmental perhaps as the Quora article indicates, I might indulge in righteous judgment, subjecting myself to the same rules that I apply to everyone. And may be this is more acceptable to people. That's why maybe friends tell me I don't judge them 


One thing I do not do is look at other people's circumstance (unlike what Heather says in the Quora article). The moment we empathise, we cannot judge righteously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...