Sunday, September 12, 2010

Absentmindedness In The Context Of Wife Swapping

I had earlier mentioned some strange things that happened in the life of the 2 dogs that stay with me (http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-interesting-thoughts-after.html). Of late there have been a few more incidents which I thought I would let everyone know.

Whenever my dogs see me they would bark happily or wag their tail or stretch like they are doing pushups. I would then walk into the house. Once or twice recently  I found I had walked into some neighbors' (whom I don’t know) house. This caused quite a lot of embarrassment especially when I wasn’t asked to leave immediately. It was then that I realized that some hanky panky was going on still in the dogs’ life.

I had read earlier that wife swapping was becoming common in India. I had not realized that dogs had caught on to this trend. Nowadays when I look at my shed, I find strange combinations of dogs. Sometimes the 2 old dogs are there along with a 3rd female dog. Sometimes there are one or two new female dogs (and neither of the old ones) in my shed. Sometimes the old male dog is there with some other female dogs. How do they decide who is going to stay where and with whom? This has caused me a lot of distress. What are these dogs up to? Why are they doing this? There is an old saying "Behind every successful man there is a woman. Behind every unsuccessful man there are two women". Perhaps the dogs realized that this saying applies only to men and not to dogs.

And more importantly there is this question of feeding bread slices. Am I responsible for feeding any dogs in my shed? Am I renting out my shed to dogs with B&B (bed and breakfast) and am I to allow any dogs to stay there and expect to be fed there? Or am I responsible for feeding the old 2 dogs in which case should I start searching for their whereabouts everyday and take permission from the owner of the house where they are currently living (separately or together)?

I thought I had a tight rein on my life to ensure it remained simple. How come my simple life has become so difficult? As a friend explained to me, complications in life provide us with a rich experience. Maybe I will learn a rich lesson or two from these dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...