Friday, January 16, 2015

Ellsworth Toohey

I have been trying to understand the character of ET in Fountainhead. This was one of the links that I read. 

Unfortunately most reviewers seem to write about ET somewhat along the same lines - that though very similar to Stalin in being communist / collectivist and power hungry, unlike him ET doesn't use physical power to achieve his ends. 

I am still waiting to read something that touches a cord. I am reminded of one incident that Ayn Rand writes about ET. That when Ellsworth, as a boy, won a debating contest other students felt that ET was given the easier side of the topic. So ET then talked for the other side and still won the contest. Now, what do you make of that?

And how does this relate to my dislike of any of the Tamil (frankly I don't think the dislike has anything to do with the language being Tamil) debates that is often shown on TV.

Additional reading:
http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2012/07/organ-malaise-head-vs-heart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...