Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back To Sex

I had written about sex earlier in

I read this http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/women-want-more/1/119736.html today. I focused on one sentence which roused me "Many more men than women are having weekly sex." I again wonder how this frequency difference between men and women is possible? Obviously there is over-reporting of sex in men or under reporting in women or both. I wonder how many of the other conclusions are incorrect as well because the underlying data provided by the people participating in the survey was wrong. 

Maybe one day we will find a more accurate data collection method. Right now, the distorted belief that men have more sex than women is self serving (I think across the world) as both men and women would like to think of men as casanovas and women as "pure". But since when did fantasy become reality? Are Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra better men than Amjad Khan because that is how their characters are portrayed in films?

A month back I was discussing the specifications of a woman as mentioned in ancient Tamil Literature. The literature suggests 4 characteristics that a good woman should have: fear, ignorance, shyness and chastity (the tendency to not have any have pre-marital or extra marital affairs). When I mentioned this to my friend she said "A ha,  so while a woman remains chaste, the man can give free rein to his sensuality. how is this fair?". I asked her if women are chaste, whom will men have relationships with? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...