Thursday, March 15, 2012

We Need A Change

I have hearing about sanitary pads more and more in the last 10 years. I thought enough was enough and I had to find out what these were for. Here for instance.

And hence I set about reading. Apparently these are used by women when they have their periods. these pads absorb all the liquid, making it much more comfortable than it would otherwise have been. When the blood flow is very high, women sometimes use two pads at a time. 

Aaah, Never knew all this. What exactly is the quantity of flow which causes so much discomfort?

So I set about trying to finding that out. I did know that the periods lasted about 3-5 days. A little bit of googling gave me the data. It is about 80mm total flow over one complete cycle. Meaning about 25 ml per day. On HEAVY flow days that will be about 50 ml (I am guessing: if the total is 80mm, the maximum flow on ANY day would be about that) . On those days the blood loss will be 50ml/24hr = 2ml per hour. 

Wowow. I think when I cut myself while shaving, which is fairly frequently considering I haven't used a shaving cream or shaved in hot water in many years, I lose more blood in those 10 minutes of rapid shaving.

Assuming this data is correct, now should I change to use a sanitary pad while shaving or should women stop making a fuss?

Of course, I shared my observation with a friend of mine. She made a grimace and said the PAIN is unbearable. And that it's not really about the flow. 

Life is all about emotions and not just about 50-80ml of blood and 1000 eggs loss a month.

1 comment:

  1. YOU should start making a FUSS man!! itna bhi nahi maloom?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...