Monday, July 20, 2015

Intuition

Today I was reading the Jeffrey Archer novel "As the crow flies" when I came across this "Although I realized I would need even more clues before logic would lead me to the correct solution".

It struck me that N (intuition as in MBTI) can solve a problem when logic cannot. I had mentioned this in earlier post as well.

N is the ability to see a pattern or to crack a code / cipher, N (in conjunction with T) leads to abstract thought.

While S (sensing) persons focus on the What, Where, Who - the N persons on the other hand quickly jump from the What, Where, Who to the WHY. The S cannot.

As I think more and more about intuition I realize it is so similar to F. N seems to that unique thing to which no logic leads but there is such beautiful logic downstream of N meaning when N is applied. 

The schism between N and S is as big if not bigger than that between F and T.

A very interesting section of the book is the conversation between Mrs Trentham and her father where he tells her that he will leave his estate to Daniel. The father and daughter remind me of a friend's mother and maternal grandfather. An equally interesting conversation is between Mrs Trentham and her sister. And equally good is her conversation with her husband where she asks him to her their son Nigel.

Another quote from the same book: "'That you relinquish any claim you might have to the Hardcastle estate.' Daniel looked uncertain for the first time. It was obviously not what he had expected. Mrs. Trentham suddenly felt confident that he had no knowledge of the will: after all, her father had briefed Baverstock not to allow the young man to be privy to its contents until his thirtieth birthday; and Mr. Baverstock was not a man to break his word. 'I can't believe you ever intended to leave me anything in the first place,' was Daniel's first response." - Daniel was left the bulk of the estate by his maternal grandfather which he didn't know about. An N of F could possibly have figured this out from the passage above. A logical T couldn't have.

Additional reading:
  1. http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2015/04/what-is-n.html
  2. http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2015/02/intuitive-or-sensing.html
  3. http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2015/03/intelligence-types.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...