Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Drishyam And Papasanam And Bros - Malayalam Movie


The Hindi remake of Drishyam is apparently not as good as the original Malayalam one as per this article.

The script was written by Jeetu Joseph. I was stunned after watching the movie. It was so thought provoking and nicely handled. And no songs that intruded.

I wondered how come an Indian created such an interesting script. A friend of mine told me that Drishyam was a remake of a Korean movie The Devotion of Suspect X. Then I searched and found this link.

Ekta Kapoor is angry about this copywrong issue as per this article. This article compares the Malayalam movie with the Korean movie which itself was based on a Japanese novel as per this article.

At least my instinct was right. 

If you are interested in more masala, here are two excerpts from the Perry Mason novel The Howling Dog.


“I can never explain the emotions of that moment. I loved her passionately. I knew that she no longer loved me. She was struggling with me, to save the man who had betrayed me and whom I hated. I became insensible to my surroundings. I only knew that I was crushing her neck in a frantic grip. When I regained my senses sufficiently to realize what I was doing, she was dead. I had choked her to death.“Clinton Forbes was building an addition to his garage. The cement work was in. The floor was about to be laid. I went into the garage and found a pick and shovel. I dug up the ground where the floor was to be poured, buried the body of my wife in a shallow grave, took the extra dirt in a wheelbarrow, carried it to the rear of the lot and dumped it. I wanted to wait for Clinton Forbes, but I dared not do so. The thing which I had done had completely unnerved me. I was trembling like a leaf. I realized that my temper had betrayed me into killing the woman I loved. I realized, however, that I was safe from discovery. The contractors were about to pour the cement floor in the addition to the garage, and that would cover up the evidences of my crime.
Then he switched out the lights, put on his overcoat, sealed the letter, took the portable typewriter and went to his car. He drove to another part of the city, posted the letter in a mail box, and then took a winding road which led to a reservoir in the hills back of the city. He drove along the bank of the reservoir, slowed his car, took the portable typewriter and flung it into the reservoir.


Reminds me of scenes in the movie Drishyam.

Additional reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...