Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I Hate You, I Was Blind

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=826964957362412&id=100001467463945&set=a.127509503974631.22810.100001467463945&refid=8&__tn__=%2As : This is an interesting story where the moral is that we shouldn't judge others without understanding them first. 
Obviously this was written by a person who is more comfortable with the heart than with the head.

I have always believed in judging to the extent possible without understanding "them" (whoever or whatever is them) first. This black box approach gives way to a clean approach. By clean I don't mean just logical or rational but something that is fair and unbiased. 

The story presented in the link is a nice example of a black box approach leading to a wrong conclusion. Having said that, when we first understand people and then try to judge their actions, it's almost impossible to be neutral and unbiased. Because if we wore their shoes completely, we would do exactly what they did, good or bad. 

If you wholeheartedly disagree with what I say or do, imagine yourself in my shoes - having lived my life, experienced what I did, seen everything through my eyes - would you still be able to disagree with me?

Seeing things using a "white box" is an elegant way to bring in bias or prejudice into the act of judging - unless of course one plans to live his without judging at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...