Sunday, July 14, 2019

Puzzle: Network, Evolution, SIM, Sperm

I have a Nokia dual SIM feature phone (not Android) in which I have inserted one Airtel and one BSNL SIM card.

Now, since this morning I find that my Airtel SIM in the phone is not enabled. While BSNL is fine. It's not as though the Airtel Network is unavailable but the whole SIM is disabled at home. When i go about 4kms away from home, the Airtel SIM gets enabled and everything is normal. I tried this twice today - 4km in two different directions. The phone worked fine but come closer to home, it gets disabled.


I checked another phone with an Airtel SIM. As expected it works perfectly fine in my house while at the same time the Airtel SIM in Nokia is disabled.

The question is why.

Is it a SIM problem? Is it a phone problem? Is it a network problem?

Should i change my house? Because of an issue with a Rs1000 phone or a Rs25 SIM issue? That doesn't make sense.

Is it possible that the real culprit is the BSNL SIM which disables the Airtel SIM near my house intentionally - so that I give up in frustration and end up porting my Airtel to BSNL?

I am reminded of a certain behavior in some animals. Males in certain species, before copulating with a female, remove any residual sperm residing inside the female in order to ensure that the female is impregnated with its own sperm and not by that of the other male. 

Once we move into a house, don't we clean it to ensure that nothing of the previous tenants remains? Exactly the same.

The only males that seem to clean house are males of certain species - during, rather before, copulation. 

Is BSNL doing something similar in my phone?

Today, 15th July, I visited Airtel showroom. I got a fix from them. They changed my network settings on the phone from automatic to manual and that seemed to solve the issue. 

I guess BSNL didn't do any hanky panky. Whew...

As to why automatic Network selection should create some hanky panky in my phone, I have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...