Friday, June 5, 2015

Directors, NT's (And EnneaGram 5s?)

All of us think we are capable of THOUGHT. Most of us confuse an emotion, a need or something like "yeah, i need to get the laundry done" as thought.

Independent original THOUGHT is want directors aka NTs have. Robert Stadler, once such person, in the novel Atlas Shrugged once says wistfully to Dagny something along the lines of "I wish I had a bright mind to speak with." 

Today when I read this article, I was reminded of THOUGHT and how rare it is even today.

I spoke to a friend TH who has a very bright 12 year old son (a THINKER in the making perhaps). She told me her son wants his old teacher to come back. Wonder what exists between the teacher and her son.

A quote on Enneagram 5: 

Remember that as children, Fives felt they didn't quite fit into their families and so started looking for something that they could do well enough to feel safe and confident. They may have spent long periods on their own. Notice this tendency in yourself today.... Today, reflect on your feelings toward your dad (or protective-figure) growing up. As a Five, you felt ambivalent and rejected by both parents. What did you specifically not get from your father? Can you let go of this today?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rise-new-groupthink-power-working-alone-susan-cain

Additional reading (on fives and 5W6):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...