Friday, June 12, 2015

Logic Puzzles Online

http://www.logic-puzzles.org/init.php


Shown below is a screen snapshot of a puzzle I was doing and got stuck - see the hint at the lower part of the picture. I realized a mistake I was making...




Clue no: 7 is not in the active list (I had moved it out after addressing the Nathan column and the "Speed Devil" row thinking it wasn't necessary anymore) - while the hint shows that clue #7 should have been considered for the next step. Wow.

Actually, the clue need not be considered again. Look at the picture above. If one considered the row and column specified above and that Nathan is not Speed Devil, one would know that Pink and Orange are shared between Nathan and Speed Devil. Chris is not Speed Devil Hence Chris is not Pink/Orange. This is better than having to keep all clues in the active section.... What say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...