Monday, June 15, 2015

Strategy

Today I came across this definition of Strategy by Kenneth Andrews:

Strategy is the pattern of decisions in a company that
  1. determines and reveals its objectives, purposes, or goals,
  2. produces the principal policies and plans for achieving those goals,
  3. and defines the range of business the company is to pursue,
  4. the kind of economic and human organization it is or intends to be,
  5. and the nature of the economic and non-economic contribution it intends to make to its shareholders, employees, customers, and communities.
It's my belief that the same definition could apply to any other entity including a person. Just replace "company" by "person" (and other necessary grammatical edits) in the definition above. It's shocking to see that I have no idea about any of it in a personal capacity.

Again I ask myself this question: If Warren Buffet was posed this definition, what would his reaction / answer be to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...