Sunday, July 7, 2019

World Cup Cricket Analysis Semis And Finals 2019

I was discussing with a friend.
Friend: It looks as though India has to not only play NZ on Tuesday and win, but also play against the weather in Old Trafford  (Manchester) because the weather forecast for Tuesday does not sound good.
I wonder what will happen if one side does not get to play fully even by the Duckworth Lewis method. 
Will they decide who the winner is based on simply which side has the more attractive jersey? Or to be even more facetious, which of the two captains is the better looking one. I can go on.......
Me: One more option: there may be a rematch, say a T20 version (held later that night or the following day)  for the 3 remaining knockout matches.
Friend: It does not have to be for all the three remaining matches, it can be just for the matches that are rained off.

I am scratching my head. Is this how communication between 2 people goes awry?

Should I have instead added: IN CASE ANY OR ALL OF THE NEXT 3 MATCHES FACE THE ISSUE OF RAIN / ACT OF GOD THAT THREATENS A NO RESULT GAME THEN FOR SUCH MATCHe (one more option...)? THIS OPTION TO BE EXERCISED ONLY IF THERE IS A PROBLEM DUE TO WEATHER OR OTHER EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS, THIS OPTION IS NOT TO BE CONSIDERED. 

Whew.

But if I were to reflect a little more I wonder. Why did my friend think that I gave my option as unconditional regardless of how the weather was. Maybe she was just wary of overkill and being careful and didn't want any misinterpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...