Tuesday, August 2, 2022

AMBJ

"Against my better judgement (AMBJ) I did it" is an interesting statement. It caught my attention yesterday when I was reading it. Something stirred in me when I read it 


Instead of just saying I stole or I had an affair, when we prefix AMBJ we show ourselves as being more humane, as having been  immoral because of circumstances (and hence not really fully personally responsible). 


AMBJ talks about our judgement. We are separating our nature/judgement or Intentions from our actions. And we are appealing to people that they focus on our intention than on our action.

Our intentions or our character (as we portray) is the cover. What we do is the content. Do we want people to focus on what we do or on our intentions? How often do we mention our intentions when our actions are not up to the mark?


The cover is atleast as important as the content.

To that extent this video is so misleading. Is this what we would tell our kids if we were really concerned for their welfare?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...