Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Made Upma Today - Recipe Upma

I thought I would start cooking. I used to cook before and have taught some friends (http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2010/02/cooking-course-102-for-my-friends.html, my repertoire is limited to making fried vegetables. I do make a good job of it).

Today I made upma. Here is the recipe.
  1. Cut the following fine: onions, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, Curry leaf, Coreander leaf
  2. Take some suji (rava)
  3. Keep red chillies, Urad dal, Chana Dal, Mustard separately
  4. Boil water (in the ratio of Suji:water= 1:2.5)
  5. Roast suji for a few minutes
  6. Fry the stuff in 3 above and then add those in 1 above (except coreander leaf which will be added last) and fry.
  7. Add boiled water from 4.
  8. Add salt
  9. Add roasted suji slowly while stirring at the same time for a few minutes until the right consistency is reached. There should be no lumps. 
  10. Add (home made ghee) and coriander leaf at the end
  11. Add roasted suji and coriander leaf
    You are all set. Easy to cook and very tasty.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts

    Featured Post

    Trump's Election Interference

    I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...