Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birds Of Opposite Feathers Repel Together

I used to discuss with a friend of mine about man's tendency - does he relate better with people who are like him or with people who are unlike him. I thought it was the former, she thought it was the latter. Each of us had compelling arguments and sufficient examples from real life to support our respective theories.

She is a vivacious and a very social person with an ability to make friends very easily. She relates to people across various age groups. She pointed out that she and I have been friends for quite some time and hence this itself was sufficient proof that opposites DO attract. That day I lost two of my teeth as I gnashed my teeth in anger.

Today I came across this article

There are times when opposites do attract (an "open" person does like to engage with a "closed" person) while alcoholics of the same feather do "flock" together.

The question now is: Can we abstract the findings and determine if there is a rule that will determine when "Opposites attract" and when "Birds of the same feather flock together"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...