Sunday, October 12, 2014

Disgusting

I have been trying to find what disgusts me. A friend of mine asked me to express what disgusted me.

I can think of couple of things.
  • A tendency to establish superiority through words (by constant spamming: sending extra verbal messages which aren't exactly required for the subject being discussed but which are sneaked in to add "value") or mentioning association with things or people with high brand value ("dropping names").
  • A desire to get things without providing equivalent value; usually through fraud, emotional manipulation or by expressing need.
  • Extraordinary sense of loyalty to persons and sacrificing justice / fairness.

I watched a scene of Mahabharata the other day when the five Pandavas express deep anguish when they hear that Karna was their brother. All this long when the brothers didn't know the real birth details of Karna it didn't matter to them. That he had some positive attributes, they couldn't see. Now, the moment they knew that he was their elder brother, they couldn't but grieve. Now, how is that?

Another example is of Shakuni goading Yudhishtra to stake his brothers one by one in a game of dice.

"I don't think I / my sister / father /  daughter / husband / mother could have done such a thing. No way." "Our billing system could never make such a mistake" - these are examples of high loyalty.

What is the common thread running through all these? There is an alternate language being spoken here. Something quite different from the way I like. The language of Venus, I will call it for now, for want of a better expression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...