Friday, June 16, 2017

22 Shey Shraabon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baishe_Srabon: I watched this movie today on Amazon Prime. This is about tracking a serial killer in Calcutta..

I was reminded of the movie Bone Collector. Both movies seemed very similar in the way the killer leaves some clue behind about the next murder.  Of course one difference was that Denzel Washington's speech was very sophisticated (read upper class) while in the Bengali movie the guy used vulgar or coarse language despite probably being quite educated.

A very interesting scene in the movie, quite unrelated to the theme, was one where a guy and his live-in partner Raima Sen drive in the white car and they have a small tiff. Sen subsequently gets off the car and walks away. But the way she uses her eyes and tears him to pieces in a minute, without raising her voice nor using crude language, was so well done. So utterly feminine. And the guy was left speechless.

It was nice listening to Raima speaking in Bengali after having watched her only in Tamil movies. I do not know whether she needed dubbing for her Tamil or her Bengali or both or neither.

The English movie is much more watchable. The Bengali one just didn't move. I lost my patience.


Additional reading:
http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2012/11/adaptations-in-from-movies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...