Sunday, June 18, 2017

Recipe - Pulikachal

A cousin of mine makes excellent pulikachal. It's supposed to be spicy and mixed with rice and eaten.

Here is her recipe.

Mix tamarind with water, heat it a little, extract the tamarind juice and boil. Add groundnuts roasted for a couple of minutes. Sautee mustard, haldi powder. Add all this and salt to the tamarind - water.

Roast urad dal (a little), chana dal and red chilies, solid hing and very little methi and grind the mixture. Add this also to tamarind water. Add a little curry leaves also. My cousin said too much methi gives the product a sambar like taste. A lot of gingelly oil needs to be added. Groundnut skin has to be peeled.

Heat and stir the mixture until its like a paste. After I make it myself I will insert pictures.

Fried with Solid Hing, Haldi, Methi, Urad Dal, Chana Dal, Then added red chilies also

All fried stuff to be ground.Added salt also

Sauteed Mustard, Hing powder. Imli water is added, then ground stuff, curry leaves, lot of gingelly oil.

Final Pulikachal


Additional reading:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...