Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Best Performing MFs In India

I had earlier (http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2017/07/second-time-investors-in-mutual-funds-mf.html) written about second time investors. Recently a friend asked me to recommend some mutual funds.

While I was browsing yesterday I happened to come across an article in one of the business sites which listed the best mutual funds and their returns over 3, 5, 10 periods for equity funds and over 3 month, 6 month and 1 year period for debt funds. 

Obviously whoever created the data had not presented the data in a spreadsheet friendly format. I got the data and ported the same into a spreadsheet and did some cleaning of the formats. 


This data is for India MFs as on the date this post was written and I have taken the data from a business magazine. No data has been changed. The columns in red font were added by me. And I have sorted the column "Weighted Annual Return %" descending. So that the best funds are listed on the top. I have not differentiated the fund types (a debt fund, an ELSS fund and a midcap fund are all put in the same basket). The type of fund is mentioned in the first column. You can filter, sort do whatever. For some equity funds 10 year data is not available and the last column is "N". If you are rather particular about funds which have been around for 10 years or more then filter for the last column = Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...