Friday, January 18, 2019

Chicken And Egg

When asked the question whether the egg came first or the chicken came first, I used to claim, in a lighter vein, that the egg came first and that the chicken came from the egg. In reply to the obvious question as to where the egg came from, I would grin and say that the egg came from a duck. 

I think my answer, which I gave decades ago when I had no idea of the concept of evolution, perhaps wasn't altogether wrong. Maybe it was a "duck" which laid an egg having a mutation which resulted in the birth of a chicken instead of a duckling.

The original chicken and egg question was interesting primarily because it made the assumption that an egg could come only from a chicken and vice versa. It didn't include mutation as a possibility. The question was created primarily in a social setting to stump you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...