Friday, March 29, 2019

Throw Them Out

Recently a friend of mine, who holds the purse strings in her family, had asked her husband to leave the house (and go away). 

When a husband throws his wife out, the whole world jumps at him. All feminist groups decry his behavior.

I asked my friend how many times she might have condemned husbands who threw their wives out. She replied "Plenty". 

I told her that I hoped she will pause and reflect the next time she hears about a wife being thrown out.

While there are husbands who are assholes, many a times they throw their wives out because the wife did something inappropriate - saama dhaana bedha having failed they chose dhandam.

In our society, women are so glorified, we fail to realize the mistakes and blunders they do.

(Of course, this is not to say that all men are saints!! Or most. Or even many.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...