Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Kannathil Muthamittal "If Kissed On The Cheek" - Character Review

The character Amudha in this movie is interesting. Her father Tiruselvan (played by the same Madhavan in 3 Idiots) tells his wife (Simran) that both she and Amudha are a cauldron of emotions. 

Now Simran is an introvert in the movie. Her emotions are controlled, felt intensely perhaps but not revealed. 


Amudha's emotions on the other hand are uncontrolled and expressed. So much so that it's sickening to watch her - even if she is only a child and that too it's only a character in a movie and not real life. The fact that the movie brings about such a strong revulsion in me speaks volumes about the way the director has sketched the character.  

Every time I watch the movie, I wander off in my thoughts. How is it to meet Amudha as an adult? Does she ever think of anyone else? Everything she does is about herself. And so expressive.

What would Amudha grow up to be as? 

My thoughts wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...