Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kanden Kaathalai

Kanden Kaathalai is the title of a movie I watched on TV today. I was told that it was a remake from the Hindi movie Jab We Met. I was watching the movie, I liked it so much that I read up on the Hindi version on wiki. Apparently it is a romantic comedy. Few days back, another friend of mine with whom I discuss movies, said that I favored romantic comedies. Till she said that, I didn't even know of the term "romantic comedy". "Romantic" is one of the few words that isn't part of my vocabulary. My friend is perceptive. Dieki.

Coming back to the Wiki entry on "Jab We Met", I realized that the theme of this movie seemed unnaturally similar to another English movie "Walk In The Clouds" starring Keanu Reeves that I had watched years earlier. Then I read about the Tamil movie. Neither (Tamil, Hindi movie) of the Wiki entries seemed to indicate that these movies had borrowed from the English version. Walk in the Clouds was apparently copied from an Italian movie Four Steps In The Clouds.

But it's a strange thing. A stick in the mud like me likes "romantic comedies"? Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...