Monday, March 21, 2016

How Do Birds And Animals Know What Food Is Good For Them?

This is a question I pondered. The other day I saw a crow trying to drink from a pool of fresh cow urine. It took a sip, probably didn't find the taste good and flew away.

How do snails or dogs or birds know what is good or what is poisonous and to be avoided?

Then I read this article. In 30 years, storks in Portugal had changed their migrating behavior and their food habits as well. 

I guess the answer is partly intuition coming from memories from across generations which they carry in their genes / DNA and just plain experimenting as the storks must have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...