Wednesday, December 25, 2019

My Husband - Answer To The Puzzle

I had earlier written about something that puzzled me https://vbala99.blogspot.com/2019/01/my-husband.html

Why do wives and daughters think so differently about their husbands and fathers respectively, as human beings, so differently?

I finally figured out the answer.
Daughters love their fathers because they take care of their daughters, protect them and love them.
BUT because they love their fathers they ALSO think their fathers are great human beings (when they are not really great human beings). This is a mistake daughters make.

Wives dislike their husbands because they are too silly, insensitive, inattentive, unreliable etc BUT because they hate their husbands they ALSO think their husbands are awful human beings (when they are not really awful human beings). This is a mistake wives make.

Both daughters and wives exaggerate the nature of their fathers / husbands as human beings. This is a human tendency. When we like someone, we attend to think they are good at everything. And VICE VERSA.

Most sons think that their mothers are nice while most husbands think that their wives could do with some improvement. The difference in perception is not as much as in the case of daughters and wives, I think.

Men tend not to think too much about relationships while women focus primarily on them and exaggerate (in a benign way or malignant way depending on the object being evaluated) and hence create a whole lot of confusion in people like me. 

It took me almost a year to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...