Thursday, March 31, 2011

Action Replayy - Movie Review

Recently I saw a movie "Action Replayy"  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Replayy) starring Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai (not the most favorite of my actors, either of them). 

I was immediately reminded of an English movie "Back To The Future" with almost a similar theme. The wiki entry quotes the director of the Hindi movie as saying that any similarities between the two movies was coincidental. My foot. It is as much coincidental as similarities between the movie "3 idiots" and the book "Five point someone".

Action Replayy is an Indianized version of the English movie. And the songs made me puke. I dislike most new songs anyway for their lack of music.

I am reminded of song and dance sequences in the movie. Women were (Aishwarya Rai, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aishwarya_Rai, and one another) wearing skirts that stretched a couple of inches below the waist. When I looked at their outfits I imagined an elephant wearing a skirt.

Can you visualize it? No? Ok. Close your eyes.
Imagine the elephant standing tall beside you. Wearing a skirt covering the top of the elephant (right from where its neck starts to where its tail begins) covering the top 4 inches of the legs.

Got it?

That's how it looked to me. Granted that elephants are not as fair as Aishwarya (or the other lady), they don't usually have green eyes, nor only 2 legs. Nevertheless I was reminded of a pachyderm in a mini skirt where the skirt fitted the need of perhaps looking fashionable while the purpose of preserving modesty wasn't exactly addressed. And those stout legs... The thought I had was, you couldn't topple these ladies. Suchhhh a strong foundation. I am reminded of a description in Tamil which is very appropriate "Draping an elephant in a loin cloth" (yaanaikku komanam kattina pola).

The environment department should ban Aish. So much plastic (smile) is bad.

The redeeming factor in the movie was Akshay Kumar. The way he looked (like a "lallu" or an idiot) and his mannerisms were a riot. Just like me..

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe this! You? Lallu? Height of modesty. Not to forget.. If you dont like Aish's sexy legs.. You dont have any taste! Her smile may be plastic, but her legs is wowowow!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...