Friday, April 1, 2016

Teri Berukhi Pakistani Serial On Zindagi Channel

Some of the characters:



Watch an episode: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x124lra_teri-berukhi-episode-3_news: my heart weeps for the man especially when he comes outside his house and expresses anguish non verbally... I just cant feel anything nice for the 1st wife - Saveera Nadeem.

I have tried to look at life from the first wife's point of view. Unfortunately I am unable to justify her nature. In a separate vein, her dress design leaves a lot to be desired. She is a woman who lives life largely based on her desires - her irresponsibility camouflaged as being open mindedness (just as a parochial nature is often hidden under the guise of being disciplined).

She seems to be a P (as in MBTI) while the husband is J - what an awful combination. 

The 2nd wife seems to resemble Preity Zinta, while the daughter reminds me of Tanuja.

Saveera Sadeem seems to be a wonderful actress, the script and direction is wowow. I can only compare it with a Tamil serial Deivam Thandha Veedu which I watch secondarily (meaning while someone else watches, I catch the side effects of watching it). The Tamil serial seems unreal to me. The storyline is something that I (a person with zero creativity) I wrote when I was in a bad mood. The character Seetha, Banumathy, Sudha Chandran - each one of them helps immensely if you want to give up being a couch potato. This serial is a must watch for those who want to lead a less sedentary life.

I don't, of course, mean to imply that the two serials mentioned above are typical examples of Pakistani and Tamil serials. 

When I compare some Tamil serials I am forced to watch (on Vijay TV) with the Pakistani serials that I was forced to watch, I see some differences. 
  • Tamil serials seem to create an intense emotional drama with relatively normal day to day events - for example a child that cut her fingers or a wife that fainted. Pak serials seem to choose slightly out of the ordinary story line and take the characters through that.
  • The background score decibel in Tamil increases to indicate the enormity of the emotions. To me it seems too jarring. I wish the background music or noise is low. Let the audience figure out how to react to the scene. Subtlety is severely lacking in Tamil.
  • The lack in depth in the Tamil story line perhaps forces the characters to be defined in extreme ways to generate interesting scenes. I am left feeling yucky and bristling in anger while watching some of the characters. While watching Pak serials I have far less negative feelings. May be if the Tamil serials had less noise and if people spoke in softer tones I wouldn't mind so much.
This leads to the question: What is the average person, watching the serial, like? What is he looking for? I guess he likes more heart than thought provoking stuff.

Have a Urdu dictionary handy while watching Pak serials in Zindagi channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...