Wednesday, August 1, 2018

North Kerala, South, Tomato Etc

Conversation with Mrs Menon today at her house:

Me: Hello Mrs Menon
She: Hello, pls come in. Mr Menon will be back shortly. 
Me: Where are you from?
She: From Kerala
Me: Where in Kerala?
She: You know, Kasargod.
Me: Oh from North!
She: North alla, Kerala
Me: I know, I said from North Kerala.  Thrissur is Central Kerala. Ernakulam, Kottayam, Alleppey, Pathanamthitta, Kollam, Trivandrum  etc are in South. Kozhikode, Malappuram, Kannur, Kasargod are in North.
She: is it? Athellaam inikku ariyilla. I don't know North South Tomato etc.
Me: Blinking with mouth open. 

Actually it struck me then. The peculiar climate of North Kerala probably causes some hormonal imbalances in the directora incorrecta region of the cerebrum resulting in certain malfunctioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...