Thursday, August 15, 2019

500 And A Frog

The other day I went out to a new Iranian your hotel and had some snacks. The water told me the bill was Rs 35. I handed over a Rs 500 note to the cashier. He apologized and said he couldn't change my 500. I asked him if he could find change for Rs 100. He nodded yes. So I gave him Rs 100 and he gave me back my change. I asked him if he could give me 5 hundreds for my 500. He said sure and changed my Rs500 note.

What's the moral of the story.
Giving Rs 500 for a Rs35 bill is too painful. Give a hundred for the bill and then getting a Rs 500 changed into hundreds is much more acceptable from the cashier's point of view. 

I don't know if you have heard the science experiment about boiling a frog. If you dropped a live frog into hot water it will jump out of the vessel immediately. But if you put a frog in a vessel with water at room temperature and then steadily increase the temperature, the frog will likely not jump out and boil to death.

It's the same about stressing people. Do it slowly, people will accept much more stress than if you give them a single big shock. 

Next time, I will make sure I always have a 100 apart from a 500. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...