Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Cartoon Took A Left Turn At Albuquerque And Misses Greenland

My conversations with a friend from UK about a leading politician (not from UK).

My friend was visibly upset the politician trying to buy an island from a friendly country and when the letter refused, the politician cancelled a state visit. My reply to my friend:
You are judging him from "a normal person's point of view" - which suggests that 

1. you ought not bid for something that's definitely not for sale

2. You don't behave boorishly by cancelling a visit just because someone isn't interested in selling what you want to buy.
But then Trump is all about POSTURING. 
A. That he is a self made billionaire (he likely inherited billions which has squandered away to a billion). He has gone to enormous extremes to ensure that his tax returns aren't available to Congress (similar to your house of Commons/Lords i guess) 
B. That he doesn't like illegal aliens (aka immigrants) to be in USA but then his companies, golf courses / resorts employ such illegals in plenty.

This cancellation of Copenhagen trip is posturing. "I will take back my goodwill" if you don't give me what i want ( corleone godfather style).
He is indulging in his predilection for embarrassing people. I think we should understand his behavior for it is.
He is NOT a clumsy moron who doesnt know which of a horse and a cart comes first.

An earlier reply to my friend on the subject of the rationale for the intended purchase:
You make it sound that he is doing it for the sake of America (as in his "America first" initiative).
If I understand him well his patriotic fervor is as high as your interest in african tribal dance.
He has got 5 years more, assuming he gets reelected. He has to get much into his (and his family's /and those he in cahoots with) pockets during this time. And Greenland is a way to help HIMSELF.
When you said he wants to use Greenland against Russia and China, you assumed he represented America In his bid for purchase. Of course America will pay for it if the deal ever transpires. It's supposed to cost about a trillion dollars (based on how much alaska cost in the 1800s).
But the real reason for the purchase is to fill his own pockets. Anything America gains will just be a byproduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...