Sunday, October 1, 2017

Phone/Internet Location / IP Used in A Legal Case


I always used to wonder about phone location being used in legal cases to prove / disprove the presence of a person at a location. 

Now in the link above, a person was proved to be online and hence acquitted from a murder rap. Since the person was online as per the Google's IP records. Now he could have 

  1. been online on a computer / phone and taken a break and committed murder. Especially on a phone. Even from a laptop with a mobile wifi or Jiofi (or its equivalent).
  2. Someone else could have been using his phone from a phone or even from computer and accessing stuff online. 



That my user id was online from 4PM to 11PM - does it necessarily mean I wasn't doing anything else offline?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...