Tuesday, January 16, 2018

What Are We Possessive About

While discussing with a friend, the question of possessiveness arose.  Some people believe that they don't stoop down to the level of being possessive.  Some may also be or even think of themselves to be generous. Like Karna in Mahabharata.  

It is my position that even Karna can be possessive. Let's see how. 

I posit that each of us considers something in our life to be PM (very precious and scarce such as Precious Metal in ore). What is PM for you may be one thing and very different from what is PM for me.  For you it could be your children,  for me it could be Aishwarya Rai, for another it could be her freedom to do what she wants without being restrained and so on. 

And I say that when it comes to letting go of our PM, each of us is terribly possessive. 

Coming to Karna  what was his PM? It wasn't his wealth, it wasn't his Kavach Kundal (which he gave away to Indra despite knowing that by giving it he would be killed soon). I think his PM was Duryodhan and hence applying the rule mentioned earlier, he would hate to let go of Duryodhan or share Duryodhan with anyone else that would result in a lower share of Duryodhan for Karan. 

What say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...