Saturday, January 6, 2018

Man Re Tu Kahe Na

I was listening to this song, from the movie Chitralekha (1964, MD: Roshan), last night and today. 

The sadness is so nicely expressed in the song just as it is in few other Rafi songs I love - Raha Gardishon Mein (Do Badan) or in Na Kisi Ka Noor Hoon (Laal Quila). Read http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2012/03/raha-gardishon-mein-hardum.html

When others hear songs they listen to the music, the voice, they visualize the scene and also process the lyrics. And also reflect on what they would feel were they in the same position. 
They enjoy a song holistically.

Imagine a person like me. I listen only to the song and to the voice. And I fall in love or dislike the song or have a reaction that is something in between. So the song has very less with it (only music and voice ) to reach me. 

And yet in these songs, the MD and the singer reach me so fully. I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat and empathizing with the singer -  all this without having watched the video and without having a clue about the lyrics. Is the magic in me or in the MD/Singer that this can happen?

Additional reading:
http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2017/07/tu-mere-saamne.html

1 comment:

  1. Subconsciously you have understood the song well I suppose, hence the tears.

    A Friend

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Trump's Election Interference

I can think anything that may not be true. And I can say untruths because I have a right to freedom of speech. Based on that thought and wor...